Newhouse Academy is a comprehensive secondary school, situated just off the M60 in the town of Heywood.
As part of the Hollingworth Learning Trust, we work closely with our partner school, Hollingworth Academy, (an outstanding local secondary school); and are on a school improvement journey to deliver rising academic standards. Newhouse Academy has been chosen as one of 50 schools to gain Government funding for building development, which will see many brand new facilities for students and the local community in the near future. We have a fabulous team of staff, some excellent learning facilities and improving GCSE results across many subjects.
We are recruiting a Cleaner to join the dedicated and talented facilities team within our academy. The ideal candidate will…
- Undertake cleaning duties to meet required standards and carry out associated tasks;
- Have the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, service users and be able to work well as part of a team;
- Be capable of manual lifting, porterage duties and other tasks that require physical effort;
- Have values in line with the academy’s priorities of Aspiration, Integrity and Respect.
Newhouse Academy strives for ‘high expectations in all that we do’ and the successful candidate will be committed to helping us achieve this. In return, we offer:
- Membership of the Greater Manchester Pension scheme
- Funded CPD for nationally recognised qualifications
- A package of health benefits from BUPA
- Free use of gym facilities
- Staff activities, including a Wellbeing Café, running/cycling/walking group, ‘Cake Friday’
- Ample parking
|Hours:||Monday to Friday, 3 hours per day, shift pattern to be confirmed|
|Grade:||Grade 1, scale points 1 to 3|
|Contract type:||Permanent contract, all year round.
Annual Leave Entitlement: 23 days (increasing to 28 days after 5 years continuous service)
|Salary:||£7,432 to £7,656|
|Start date:||September 2022|
|Closing date for advertisement:||Friday 26th August 2022|
|Interviews:||Week commencing Monday 5th September 2022|
To apply for this position, please complete the application form and supporting documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The information requested for applicants is considered to be objectively justified to comply with government guidance on safer recruitment in such areas. Appointment to this post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring check.
The Hollingworth Learning Trust operates a Smoke Free Policy for all employees that applies to any building and associated grounds within the immediate vicinity of the building, which is wholly owned, leased or operated and occupied by the school.