School Values and Ethos
Newhouse Academy has an ethos based around three core values, which must be at the heart of everything we do.
Aspiration, Integrity and Respect are at the centre of our expectations for staff, parents, students and governors.
- We want all students to be ready to learn and ambitious in terms of the things they can achieve.
- We will encourage students to aspire to make the very best of their talents and abilities whilst working hard to improve in areas they find more difficult, so that they develop resilience.
- We want all students to achieve examination success but also to be well-rounded individuals capable of making a positive contribution to society.
- We expect all students to be honest and to understand that we can all learn from our mistakes.
- We want them to consider how their actions and words affect other people, so that they can demonstrate empathy and understanding.
- We expect all students to do the right thing, even when this is more difficult, and to make positive choices around their actions.
- We want a school where there is a mutual respect between staff, students, parents and governors.
- We expect everyone involved in the Newhouse Academy community to respect the rights of other people and to understand the diverse nature of our community.
- The school must be free from discrimination regardless of people’s religious beliefs, culture, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation.
- We will encourage our students to share in the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, tolerance and respect.